Time Remaining...

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 1 of 30

I guess I forgot to mention in my first post that the official launch date for the "Can Kate Breslin Transform Into A Morning Person In 30 Days" experiment was today, Wednesday, March 24th.

I'm not off to a great start here, as Day #1 of 30 winds down. First of all, it's 11:23 p.m. and I'm sitting in front of a computer (and if you read my first posting, you'll know that you shouldn't work on a computer immediately before bed). Second of all, behold my stats:

KATE'S STATS, DAY 1 OF 30
  • In bed last night by: 1:00 a.m.
  • Lights out by: 1:35 a.m.
  • Awake this morning at: 9:43 a.m.
  • At work by: N/A (Denver experienced a ridiculous snowstorm last night, leaving a good foot of snow in its wake and, more importantly, on my car. So I worked from home. And I was actually productive by around 10:15 a.m., and managed to get quite a lot of work done while snowed in.)
  • Overall grade (A through F scale): D+
Yes, I'm a miserable, pathetic failure. But I'm going to lie down RIGHT NOW in hopes of improving my stats for tomorrow.

At some point here - I'm shooting for tomorrow or Friday - I'll be posting my "goal wake-up times" and "goal at-work-by times." This is where the fun comes in for you, lucky reader. I'm trying to think of some incentives, some carrots and sticks, if you will, that my loving family, skeptical friends, and generally irritated coworkers can use on me as they see fit -- as long as is contributes to the desired morning-person-in-30-days outcome, it's fair game.

What's that? You've already thought of some carrots and sticks? Oh, just sticks? I see how it is! Post all your cockamamie ideas in the Comments section! I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Carrot: For every minute you wake up before 9 a.m., you get than many pins pulled from the voodoo doll I made of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will nag you. And you know how I nag.

    ReplyDelete